After taking nearly four months to play 400 games on Daily Gammon, here I am, just over two months later, with 1,400 games under my belt.
That’s a pretty serious escalation, and I blame it on the doubling cube. The games really start adding up when your matches go to multiple points.
For those who don’t know my “backgammon timeline,” prepare for the boring:
- Began playing the game in May of this year (2019)
- Discovered Daily Gammon on May 14
- While traveling, played one-point matches to learn the game
- Decided in August I would get serious, bought many books
- Began playing with the doubling cube for the first time in September
- Had a Birthday, showered with gammon gear, continued reading
- Located a local League in October, kept getting crushed using the cube
- Began clawing back in November, and attended my first League meeting
So I’ve been playing for six months, three of those with serious intent, and only two of those in multi-point matches using the cube, with one week in a League setting.…